Floor Stock Definition
This blog post about Floor Stock Definition was posted on January 15, 2018 at 9:46 am. It is published on the Floor category. Floor Stock Definition is tagged with Floor Stock Definition, Floor, Stock, Definition..
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Stockstock (stok),USA pronunciation n.
- a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.;
- a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.
- [Theat.]a stock company: a job in summer stock.
- the outstanding capital of a company or corporation.
- the shares of a particular company or corporation.
- the certificate of ownership of such stock;
- (formerly) a tally or stick used in transactions between a debtor and a creditor.
- Also called understock. in grafting, a stem in which the bud or scion is inserted.
- a stem, tree, or plant that furnishes slips or cuttings;
- the trunk or main stem of a tree or other plant, as distinguished from roots and branches.
- the type from which a group of animals or plants has been derived.
- a race or other related group of animals or plants.
- the person from whom a given line of descent is derived;
the original progenitor.
- a line of descent;
a tribe, race, or ethnic group.
- [Ling.]a category consisting of language families that, because of resemblances in grammatical structure and vocabulary, are considered likely to be related by common origin. Cf. family (def. 14), phylum (def. 2).
- any grouping of related languages.
- the handle of a whip, fishing rod, etc.
- the wooden or metal piece to which the barrel and mechanism of a rifle are attached.
- a part of an automatic weapon, as a machine gun, similar in position or function.
- the trunk or stump of a tree, left standing.
- a dull or stupid person.
- something lifeless or senseless.
- the main upright part of anything, esp. a supporting structure.
- a former instrument of punishment consisting of a framework with holes for securing the ankles and, sometimes, the wrists, used to expose an offender to public derision. Cf. pillory (def. 1).
- a frame in which a horse or other animal is secured in a standing position for shoeing or for a veterinary operation.
- the frame on which a boat rests while under construction.
- a vertical shaft forming part of a rudder and controlling the rudder's movement.
- a transverse piece of wood or metal near the ring on some anchors. See diag. under anchor.
- the metal or wooden body of a carpenter's plane.
- material being smelted in a blast furnace.
- a metal piece to be forged.
- a specified quality or kind of paper: glossy stock; card stock; offset stock.
- the paper for printing a particular job: We don't have enough stock for that large a run.
- the raw material from which something is made.
- [Papermaking.]stuff (def. 15).
- [Cookery.]the liquor or broth prepared by boiling meat, fish, chicken, etc., with or without vegetables or seasonings, and used esp. as a foundation for soups and sauces.
- any of several plants belonging to the genus Matthiola, of the mustard family, esp. M. incana, having fragrant white, blue, purple, reddish, or yellowish flowers.
- a rhizome or rootstock.
- a compound organism, as a colony of corals.
- a collar or a neckcloth fitting like a band around the neck.
- [Cards.]the portion of a pack of cards that, in certain games, is not dealt out to the players, but is left on the table, to be drawn from as occasion requires.
- an adjustable wrench for holding dies for cutting screws.
- See rolling stock.
- [Dominoes.]boneyard (def. 3).
- See stock car (def. 1).
- [Rom. Cath. Ch.]one of a set of three metal containers for holy oil.
- [Geol., Mining.]an irregular igneous intrusion, usually an offshoot of a batholith, often mineralized.
- [Archaic.]a stocking.
- [Obs.]the frame of a plow to which the share, handles, etc., are attached.
- in stock, on hand for use or sale: There are no more blue skirts in stock.
- lock, stock, and barrel. See lock 1 (def. 12).
- on the stocks:
- under construction, as esp. a ship.
- in progress or preparation: a new novel on the stocks.
- out of stock, lacking a supply of, esp. temporarily: We are out of stock in this item.
- take or put stock in, to put confidence in or attach importance to;
trust: Considering his general unreliability, I can't take stock in what he has told you.
- take stock:
- to make an inventory of stock on hand.
- to make an appraisal of resources or prospects: She took stock of her decorating scheme and decided it was time for a change.
- kept regularly on hand, as for use or sale;
standard: stock articles.
- having as one's job the care of a concern's goods: a stock clerk.
- of the common or ordinary type;
in common use: a stock argument.
commonplace: a stock remark.
- pertaining to or designating the breeding and raising of livestock: stock farming.
- [Southern U.S.](chiefly Southern Appalachian and South Atlantic States). (of farm animals) being a fully grown male: a stock hog.
- of or pertaining to the stock of a company or corporation: a stock report.
- pertaining to a stock company.
- appearing together in a repertoire, as a company.
- forming part of a repertoire, as a play.
- being a character type fixed by convention, as in the commedia dell'-arte, a harlequinade, minstrel show, or the like.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a stock car.
- to furnish with a stock or supply.
- to furnish with stock, as a farm with horses, cattle, etc.
- to lay up in store, as for future use.
- to fasten to or provide with a stock, as a rifle, plow, bell, anchor, etc.
- to put in the stocks as a punishment.
- to lay in a stock of something (often fol. by up).
Definitiondef•i•ni•tion (def′ə nish′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
- the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
- the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.
- sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.
- the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.
Floor Stock Definition have 3 images it's including Floor Stock Definition Nice Ideas #1 Reference Reference.com, Ordinary Floor Stock Definition Idea #2 A Young Artist In An Art Workshop Draws A Still-life From Nature In Watercolor, Superior Floor Stock Definition #3 Brown Wooden Floor. Below are the attachments:
We'd want to speak about some tips about make up mirror in your bedroom, before discussing Floor Stock Definition. Make sure you choose a dressing table with capability that is ideal. Floor Stock Definition can be utilized for-you who would like to modify the look of one's constitute area.
In the feeling of Floor Stock Definition that you just need to be ready to accommodate all-the desires accessories selection, such as fragrances, before 'functions' instruments makeup supplies. In general, extra light is required by desks. This is circumvented by setting a wall lamp around the side mirror that was left and right or by adding a small light at across the reflection.
Stools will be the appropriate decision to get a coupled with dressing-table, as well as practical as it can be integrated beneath the under the bureau, ottoman also gives light's feeling.